Public Relations Manager
Cox Target Media Newsroom
THE NEW COX TARGET MEDIA
Company Fact Sheet
ABOUT COX TARGET MEDIA:
- Cox Target Media today is comprised of the powerful combination of Valpak, a 44-year leader in direct and digital savings, and Savings.com, a leading online coupon site and community.
- Cox Target Media offers an unmatched combination of a powerful digital platform with hyper-local print and an established local franchise sales network, enabling marketers to more effectively deliver sales messages and drive transactions with integrated print, online and mobile media, including a powerful pay-for-performance model.
- Cox Target Media is a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, which is owned by Cox Enterprises, Inc. Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting publishing and digital media company with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion. Cox Media Group operations include 15 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 86 radio stations, four metro newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications and more than 100 digital services.
- Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media.
- With approximately 170 franchises throughout the United States and Canada, The Blue Envelope® delivers savings and value to nearly 40 million households each month and sees an 83% open rate.
- Annually, Valpak will distribute some 20 billion offers inserted in more than 500 million envelopes.
- Valpak also offers digital solutions with www.Valpak.com®, an online site for local savings, which hosts more than 40,000 merchant offers and has nearly 40 million offer views each month. Valpak content is syndicated to more than 150 additional sites, as well as to a suite of apps for iPhoneTM, iPod touch®, iPad and AndroidTM, devices.
- At the end of 2011, the total number of individuals (double opt-in only) registered for Valpak.com Member Exclusives was approximately 1 million.
- Savings.com is the place to go for the best deals on everything you want, and has helped members save more than $600 million in less than 5 years.
- Savings.com gets 5 million unique visits per month with about 3.5 million personalized members and signs up 10,000 new members to the site a day.
- Savings.com has been named a top publisher, and drives half a billion dollars in merchant partner sales annually.
- Savings.com has developed an extensive network of 100 DealPros, a knowledgeable community that works together to help people save money. DealPros are some of the most influential bloggers and authors on the web, selected to be a part of the Savings.com community based on the quality of their content.
- The DealPro network reaches an estimated total of 12 million people per month, broken down by the following outlets:
- 10 million unique people per month visit the DealPro blogs
- 1.8 million people per month via DealPro Facebook pages
- 550,000 people per month via DealPro Twitter accounts
- Savings Nation is a nationwide movement that is dedicated to helping people live fuller lives by promoting smart spending behaviors, and ending wasteful ones.
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS:
- Savings.com will continue to operate independently from Valpak, but the two entities will work together sharing resources, content and technology to build an unparalleled, new and integrated advertising model.
- Cox Target Media offers marketers a powerful digital platform with access to a proven direct and digital promotion platform that all function to drive additional sales for national brands. This combination of digital and print as one integrated offering that will make CTM the first choice for retailers looking to boost their business and provide an optimum customer savings experience.
- Consumers looking for savings will have a richer experience as the content flows across both the platforms providing each entity a more complete content package.