To measure the effect of Cox Target Media targeting on consumer response and sales.
- 150,000 homes mailed 3-panel flyer with client recipes and 2 offers: 75¢ off company’s core product line, 60¢ off any one package of grilled fillets
- Homes selected based on proximity to store location and profile of consumers who chose manufacturer’s brand most office and had children in the home
- 9% increase in grilled fillet sales during test period
- 16% increase in other product sales during test period
- 4% decrease in competitor sales during test period
- 4% increase in grilled fillet sales after test period
- 12% increase in other product sales after test period
The outcome of the analysis verified the Cox Target Media program significantly increased sales of the client’s products. In addition, it appeared to negatively impact a major competitor’s sales in the test period.